Missionary Action Group (MAG)
The Church of St Andrew supports the mission work of the Presbyterian Church of Australia. The church prayerfully and financially supports people who are working in different areas of mission activity and outreach.
- AIM – taking the Gospel to Indigenous Australians.
- Central Africa with mother tongue literacy and church planting.
- Pioneers – serving Aboriginal churches through training Lay leaders.
- Minority group language and literacy in Asia.
- Fusion in Tasmania, working with youth.
- APWM – for the Mount Druitt Indigenous church in Western Sydney.
- Presbyterian Inland Mission.
- Christian Education in Government Schools in ACT.
- Chaplains in Government Schools in ACT.
Mission activities held throughout the year are
- Weekly prayer points in the church bulletin each Sunday.
- Monthly Mission and Information prayer meeting on 1st Sunday each month.
- Annual “Meal for Mission” in June, proceeds for a specific activity.
- International fund raising evening
- Choral fund raising afternoon
- Mission Dinner
The Missions Committee seeks to maintain a high-level of mission focus for the Church of St Andrew by encouraging ongoing prayer, interest and financial support for the missionaries and outreach activities of the church. In this way, St Andrew’s seeks to provide a wide-ranging base of mission and outreach in service for the Lord.
Further enquiries and information can be obtained by contacting the Missions Convenor, Presbyterian Church of St Andrew.